Newspapers and Magazines are important print media used by companies to deliver advertising messages. Newspapers tend to offer opportunities for the broadest range of advertisers, but magazines have strengths in helping you connect with a specific audience.
The print market is coming under pressure from digital news and entertainment output, but nonetheless national newspapers and magazines still hold the loyalty of millions of readers and represent the whole range of opinions and lifestyles within a population. It is relatively easy for potential advertisers to establish the demographics of the target market and advertise to a mass market or focus their advertising on particular market segments.
Compared to television advertising, print advertising is relatively cheap. Local newspapers will appeal to regional businesses, while multinationals will look for the 'wow factor' that a national newspaper or magazine can offer. Magazines provide even greater value added with enhanced quality through glossy photographs and quality paper, appealing to high end and fashionable organizations.
Advantages of newspaper and magazine advertising:
- -Good coverage - national or local options (local newspapers offer good geographical selection)
- -Can be used to convey a significant amount of information
- -Relatively cost-effective
- -Some targeting possible by knowing the profile (socio-economic group etc.) of the readership of the newspaper or magazine
- -Readers have the opportunity to refer back to advertisements at a later date. Magazines, in particular, may be kept for long periods if they contain articles that readers wish to keep or refer to at a later stage.
The Benefits of Newspaper Advertising
Impact and Effectiveness
The Benefits of Magazine Advertising
Here are a few more benefits of magazine advertising:
Display Higher Quality Images
Target a Specific Demographic
Target a Specific Industry